Seasons in St. Clair - Moore Museum’s Canada 150 Photo Contest
As part of St. Clair Township’s celebration of Canada’s 150th, Moore Museum is holding a photography contest. All residents of St. Clair Township are invited to submit photographs of their favourite looks at our community.
The contest will run from January 1, 2017 to December 15, 2017
Submissions may be made by email to email@example.com or in print format delivered or sent to Moore Museum, 94 Moore Line, Mooretown, ON N0N 1M0. Submissions must include name and all other information required in the rules below. Please note that photos will not be returned.
- Contest is open to St. Clair Township residents only.
- Photos must be taken in St. Clair Township.
- All photo entries must be accompanied by the photographer’s name, address and phone number, as well as the date the photo was taken (names will be made public, but not addresses or phone numbers).
- All photos must include the location in St. Clair Township where the photo was taken.
- All photos must be of a subject matter suited to the family-friendly nature of Moore Museum.
- If a photo includes a recognizable person, a model release is required. Model releases are the responsibility of the entrant and a copy will be required for any winning photograph. A copy of the model photo release is included on this page.
- Entries are limited to a maximum of 3 photos per person.
- Cropping of photos and tonal or colour corrections are permitted but neither content alteration of digital files nor addition of graphic elements are allowed.
- Digital photographs should be at a minimum resolution of 300 dpi at 8 x 12 inches.
- By entering a photo or photos, the photographer grants to Moore Museum and the Township of St. Clair a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any Moore Museum purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotional materials, its website, exhibition and commercial products. Moore Museum will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
At the end of the contest period, the photographs will be judged by a panel of judges chosen by Moore Museum. Prizes for winning entries will be:
1st prize – $100 cash + a one-year Moore Museum membership
2nd prize - $50 cash + a one-year Moore Museum membership
3rd prize - $25 cash + a one-year Moore Museum membership
The top 12 photographs will be used to produce a 2019 calendar which will be made available for sale in mid-2018 as a fund-raiser for Moore Museum.
For more information, please contact us.